Tuesday, January 11, 2011

R.A.K

Random Acts of Kindness

A phrase I believe in and live by....an act that not only makes the other person happy but put a spring in ur step, a smile in your heart and you know what the biggest kicker is? This does not cost you anything! No money, not even a lot of hard work...amazing thing isn't it?

Then I wonder why many people do not follow it? Seriously try it out.... simple actions that bring about profound reactions.....

Hold the door open for someone coming in or out even if u may have to wait for a few secs and even if that person does not need it.... of course if it is someone who needs help even better, but do it without expecting anything...often times I hold the door for someone who just walks away without acknowledging...and sometimes i get a heartfelt smile... that is the way it is:)

The point is you do something for someone without expecting anything in return... then if u do get it in return, makes u feel good and if u do not then move on..

Compliment someone, a friend, a stranger , anyone .... the unexpectedness of the compliment is sure to put a smile...on the flip side if u do not have anything nice to say...better to move on:P

Smile, just because:)))) It is a great exercise u know....

Connect with friends, just to say how imp they are to u... to let them know u are thinking of them.

Hug someone or acknowledge the person who does a great job helping you, eventhough that is their job, if someone is pleasant to you, acknowledge it. If you are nice to the other person, the other person will also try to be nice.

Commiserating, being polite, being firm and polite will only reflect well on you.

You know when people tell me I am genuine, caring, honest, straightforward... I am bewildered... isn't everybody?:) I have been told that "no" not everyone is:)

I guess, no wonder I am mostly in am emotional turmoil...I expect everyone to be like me, lol...

Being positive, upbeat, looking at glass half full, looking through rose colored glasses are not cliches for me, they are a way of life for me....

I believe every person has redeeming qualities, that we are all here to fulfill a purpose in the grand scheme of the thing called life....it does not need to be big, huge or life changing....but little acts that we do in our everyday life stitch together a mosaic of events that can create a comforting blanket of goodwill and surround u with love.

So do not ever say, I do not have a talent, a goal, a dream, or I cannot make a difference...We all can in our own little ways, in our own little world which when merges with all the other little worlds out there can create beauty, kindness, smiles and yes a wonderful world:)

Wishful thinking? You tell me? I do not think so.... So come my friend hold my hand, share a smile, give the gift of laughter, and u will be giggling soon....Really:)

Random Acts of Kindness ... try it maybe one act a day... till it becomes a habit a way of life, remember kindness begets kindness:)

2 comments:

Sutapa Kasibhatla said...

Rock StarDiva ‎
* hugs* i loveee it Aunty :) esply the last bit ..."one act a day ..." x
January 11 at 3:27pm ·
Atika Nadaf
Awesome! Straight from the heart! What a great way of living! Yes, we all can make a difference...Love you, Sutapa!
January 11 at 4:27pm ·
Yasmin Riaz
I wish more and more people can take the time out in their lives, pause and actually "Live".....it is so sad to people just run through life without even pausing to breathe.......beautiful thots there , Su.......love the way you articulate these simple things so beautifully...rock on!!!!
January 12 at 12:14am ·

Aida Brush
yes sutapa...i live by this motto...rak...but since i am human...i over react when people are not kind to me...so...my goal wil be ...be kind...by doing rak...but expect nothing in return...u know...that is the key..u may not even get a th...ank you...or you may just touch someone profoundly...i was kind to one woman...with just a smile...a genuine smile...the other day..and she came over ...talked to me...and hugged me...wow...now i was touched profoundly by her....guess what? i have her phone # and we will do coffee there next week...at barnes and nobles...together...hahahaha...i love ur note ♥

January 12 at 6:34am ·
....Kavitha Krishnaraj wish it was that simple ,but yes..RAK should become our motto!
January 12 at 8:27pm · LikeUnlike.

manu said...

I loved it because it is my nature n feel we must follow the same way in our life.......I pray for you n all to be like this till our end of life..... god bless you n lots of love to you i m there with you all ways........